Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake
This mild chicken, vegetable, and rice bake is perfect for the whole family!
- 2 lbs Chicken breast, chopped into small 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large Zucchinis
- 1/2 large Sweet Onion
- 2 medium Fresh tomatoes
- 1 28oz can Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups dry Rice of your choice, brown or white. If choosing cauliflower rice, use 4 cups.
- 8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese, sliced or grated
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- Cut the chicken and vegetables into small pieces. Sautee the onion and zucchini in the olive oil. Add 1/2 the salt and pepper, the garlic, and the oregano. When it's done, take it out of the pan and set it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chicken with the rest of the salt and pepper, plus the paprika, cajun spice, and cumin. Remove from the pan and chop it up smaller if you need to. You don't want big chuncks of chicken in this recipe.
- Cook the rice or cauliflower rice according to the instructions.
- Now it's time to assemble. Take out a very large mixing bowl and add all the ingredients except the cheese to it and mix well. Pour everything into a 9 x 11 inch baking pan and cover the top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts, about 20-30 minutes.