These fresh, light fish tacos are so simple.
- 1 lb any white fish you choose
- 1/3 cup Zatarains fish coating
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, ghee, or other cooking oil
- 2-3 tbsp Badia Biscayne Bay seasoning, or Old Bay Seasoning
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup jalapeno popper dip or spicy hummus
- 1 cup sweet cole slaw
- Wash and cut your fish into small pieces, place them in a ziplock bag, add the milk, and soak for 4 hours or even better, overnight.
- Prepare your fish coating by adding the Zatarains, salt, and seafood seasoning to a bowl to dip your fish pieces in to coat them before frying.
- Heat your pan to medium high, add the oil or ghee of your choice, remove the fish from the milk bag and dip it straight into the dusting. Cover the fish completely and place it in the pan. Cook each piece until crispy, about 3-5 minutes total. Don't over cook or your fish will be mushy.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on a paper towel covered plate.
- Assemble your tacos by putting down a tortilla, then your hummus or jalapeno dip first, the cole slaw second, the fish next, then the parsley and pepper last.